Saturday, December 3, 2011

Countdown for my departure..

41 and counting...
January 12 is approaching at a fast pace and my bag of loose ends is full. The minimalist deep inside of me is surfacing at an even faster pace:

I currently drive a Ford E150, which houses all of my tools, misc. materials from projects in my past as well as all of my earthly belongings. My clothes are hanging behind my seat on one of those white plastic coated wire racks about 6 inches down from the ceiling. That space above holds smaller items and keeps them mostly within arm's reach. There is a dresser in the back of the van with the bottom drawer level removed so it would fit in the short cargo space. Each morning, I wake, have a bowl of oatmeal, then head to the back of my van with coffee in hand to sort, categorize and throw away whatever will not be needed for the next 6 - 8 months and will also not fit into one of the saddlebags on Mozi. Don't be alarmed, as i may have lost my sanity for a short time, but I am feeling much better now! The past is exactly that.

Different day, same thoughts; I feel a huge burden lifted as I dispose of material things. One way to look at this is to imagine how much time we spend maintaining these "things" that are suppose to make us happy. Ask yourself how happy you would be if you lost everything but your family and friends. I sometimes fantasize about being thrust into a desert with absolutely nothing in my possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment