Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So much to sort out, in preparation of the return to the adventure.

My friends,
I am honored and humbled, because you are reading my thoughts and a somewhat filtered story of my travels.

Over the past three years, I have been dealing with so many things negative in my life. Nothing can stop me from continuing this journey, to discover, discuss and document what a varied group of Americans think and/or believe about a commonly spoken word, "Freedom".

For me, Freedom has taken on a whole new meaning and is leading my heart in a different direction than I had envisioned less than a dozen years ago. September 12, 2011 is the day a judge granted me a divorce in a crowded court room on Cape Cod, MA. He also explained that Massachusetts law allows 120 days for a couple to possibly change their minds and cancel the divorce, knowing they will, once again, be happily married.

So, my plans are to fly back out to New Mexico on January 12, 2012 and become re-acquainted with Mozi's  seat, foot pegs and handle bar grips. This motorcycle has had it's share of mechanical problems, but it has never let me down. Mozi is faithful and true, sleek and elegant, simple and timeless in style.

Stay tuned for frequent postings as I close out my business here on Martha's Vineyard Island, MA and allow myself to explore Freedom without a deadline. The first 24 states were visited and explored in less than 10 weeks. I'm sure that was not near enough time to really form a lasting bond with every town and people I have had the pleasure of meeting. If I had to estimate how long I will be on the road to complete this journey, my best guess would be somewhere between 6 and 8 months.

What would really make my day would be the opportunity to work for a few weeks in each town I visit to earn a small amount of money, but more importantly, to get to know the people and the community I am in on a more personal level.

1 comment: