Monday, April 23, 2012

Stuff I dont need.

Thus, begins this Monday after the Monday I arrived in this town.

UPS is due to arrive any month now with the parts I need to get Mozi back on the road. I could grow to love this little town and the people who have called it home since they were knee-high to a grasshopper.
But, it is time to move on...

Most of this weekend was spent sorting out things. Some material and some mental.

I was able to dig 2 cardboard boxes out of the convenience store rubbish heap and neatly pack them with totally useless items which I one thought would be useful on this trip.

1) A spare motorcycle helmet, complete with a partner communication system.

2)Rear floorboards.

3) 4 extra pairs of jeans (I kept 3 pairs to travel with me)

4) 8 tee shirts

5) 3 flannel tops

6) 6 pairs of socks

7) About 60 pages of reciepts, contracts, invoices, etc of work relates stuff.

8) The huge dufflebag these items were housed in.

The list goes on...

Shedding these material things will allow mental things to go away as well.

I wore my Sunday-go-to-meeting Jeans to the post office. Then, to have breakfast.

Now, I change into an oily pair to become one with Mozi... Still more work to be done before the gearset arrives.

Stay tuned for the neverending West Texas adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment