Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rack and Pinion, Wait and See.

After determining my rear drive gears were shot and I'm not able to change my mailing address away from Throckmorton, Texas until these parts are replaced, I spent several hours on the phone calling as many motorcycle salvage yards and used parts places that were to be found over the internet (which I tapped into over at Fowler's Bar-B-Que). In the midst of some 84 phone calls, I had been propositioned by a few people who really know how to kick someone when they are down. My mistake, for telling anyone I broke down in West Texas.

One old boy said he had the entire Final Drive assembly and could overnight it to me. "Cool", I was thinking. Then came the sticker shock:

$1200.00, included shipping.

Now, I can't blame him. We're out to make a profit, right?

My shaky hand produced one steady dialing finger and my search continued...

When it was all said and done and the closing bell had rung on Wall Street, signifying all trading was over for the week, I had purchased and confirmed the shipping address of my New Digs so my mint condition parts would arrive on Monday, due to the lack of Saturday deliveries to rural West Texas communities.

$400.00 sounds like music to my ears.

With $800.00 in play-money, I've decided to head into the metropolis of Graham, TX with Bob today for clothing options and baggage regrouping.

"Attention, Walmart shoppers, don't be alarmed; the oily smell is coming from the men's jeans department. Pay no attention to the man wearing the Freedom, Maine hat. We've heard he's just passing through."

I have a rodeo to attend tomorrow and wanna look my best. Plus, it'll be exciting to purchase the 32 waist jeans again for the first time in 11 years. Losing weight has been an easy task with the help of Dr. Roni's book, 21 Pounds in 21 Days.

Speaking of diets, we had Steak Fajitas last night for dinner. Healthy, Tasty and just right.

If I get back in town early enough, there's a yard sale I must check out. I'm browsing around for a saddle. A cheap one, maybe even missing those things you put your feet in. Mozi might look cool and be a bit more comfortable to ride with a saddle on her back.

What're y'all doin' today?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Taking on a trip like this you do have to be fit & healthy.Wow!DrRoni's book,21lbs in 21days is great!Ive heard of it!So I agree that a saddle would look great on Mozi. Never seen one but it does sound cool! Good luck finding one. And you are right, never sound desperate when you need something right away at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete