Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Freelance traveling mechanically inclined trainwreck.

Let's start off by saying: "Any day above dirt is a good day.".

Especially if that's Texas dirt...

Waking up in strange surroundings was cool, even with an apparently blown clutch.

Being hand-delivered to civilization and introduced to the kind citizens of Throckmorton, Texas was the beginning of an adventure, in itself.

Let's go over the tineline...

Tuesday:
*6AM-wake up to occassional traffic on a West Texas highway.
*9:30AM-greeted by a concerned local from the the approaching town.
*10:30AM-delivered to Throckmorton, TX with Mozi on a 16 foot trailer.
*11:00AM-checked in the Double T lodge.
*11:30AM-eating Bar-B-Que, right next door.
*12:30PM-found out where Tank's Garage is (right behind the lodge).
Walked around town in search of an auto parts store (none).
Went to the library to go online for moral support from fellow Moto Guzzi owners (the 4 computers were currently occupied by 4 teens, who appeared to be chatting with each other on Facebook while sitting at the same table).
6:30PM-met Tank at his garage...he gave me a key to the garage and explained all the details of the air compressor, lights, key hiding place and access to the walk-in beer cooler, complete with a tapped keg and a unlimited supply of plastic cups. (Note to myself: I need to find a Red Solo Cup to use as a prop in this film sequence)
Wednesday:
12:15AM-Mozi has been disassembled to the point of repair and some assembly required.
12:30AM-shower, sleep and dream of the white line.
8AM-wake to the sound of water spraying inside of a wall (so I alerted the managers)
8:30AM-we loaded all of my stuff in the pick'm-up truck and proceed to move me into The Playboy Room. (This room is so named because it is wall and ceiling papered with the covers of Playboy Magazines. (Suitable in some circles)
7PM-dinner at a bar where I can't drink, because I am not a member in this dry county. (Not that I even want to drink; I am focused on giving Mozi CPR and waiting for her first of many breaths, so we can

Mozi on...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment