Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lost Password, Wasted Time and Life got in the way...

It was a lame excuse, when I last posted on September 14 of this year with some apology and a promise to be blogging soon. I should have blogged everyday!

The technology that surrounds us is incredible and also challenging when we lose touch with passwords, email accounts and attempts at keeping all of this data close at hand, yet secured.

All of my passwords are stored in my CrackBerry cellphone. The problem: Google has acquired my blog server and took it upon themselves to change which email account I use to access my blog. Seriously? Who do you people think you are? Facebook? Anyway, after a few challenging moments this morning, and answering my security question, I am here, typing a few thoughts.

OK, having stated all that garbage and clearing my mind a bit, I am happy to report Life Is Good!

I live in Florida! It's a great place to call home! I just made myself smile!

I was born here and spent my first 35 years in the warmth and mostly level, sandy soils of the First Coast. The next 5 years were spent in Atlanta, Georgia. The red clay made it's way onto the doormat of our home when the girls were young and we were just a few hours away from our roots. My wife and I made the decision to move our family to Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachusetts in 1995. It seemed grand to live and work in the same place where so many wealthy people spend their vacations. We were not, nor have we ever been wealthy.

OK, today is Tuesday, December 18, 2012 and we are just a few days away from the end of the Earth as the Mayans have predicted.
What to do?
A) Spend these precious last moments with loved ones?
2) Go on a shopping spree and throw caution to the wind?
*) Ride Mozi (my 1970 Moto Guzzi Motorcycle) to Daytona to check out some old Guzzi parts with the possibility that I may find something useful for the remaining states to be visited, explored, dissected and written about on my travels?

I choose the latter!

Therefore, I am logging off this computer and pulling up my chaps, sliding my helmet carefully over my recently combed hair and zipping up a leather jacket.

Mozi has a new look and feel; She has been sporting an English Jumping Saddle for a few months. The look is cool. People comment about it everywhere we go. The fit is great, even with zero cushion and no springs. The stirrup straps secured around the lower frame tubes work well to keep the saddle in place. I have thought of mounting the saddle on springs and freeing up the stirrup straps to regain their token duty of holding a pair of stirrups when I am riding long distances and need just a bit of variety in the footrest department. Hmm...

"Let's Mozi to Daytona..."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment