Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The end of a very productive day

It's Tuesday morning around 12:35AM. Most of Monday was productive, as I was able to take care of long neglected maintenance issues on Mozi.

The gears arrived around 3:30PM and they looked great!

I spent the remaining hours installing, adjusting, removing and re installing, adjusting, shimming and setting the torque on the rebuilt final drive unit.

I feel so lucky, blessed, honored to have full use of "Tank's" auto shop with all of his assorted tools, grinders, air compressor, hoses, parts cleaning sink and a great sound system to plug my music into for mechanic-at-work blasting of several song mixes.

Mission accomplished...

She runs! She purrs! She flies down the dark roads of West Texas at night. I think I heard her exhaust pipes humming a familiar tune:

"The stars at night,
Are big and bright,
Chug,
Chug,
Chug,
Chug,
Deep in the heart of Texas."

Time for a well needed shower and a good night's sleep just in case Mozi has the desire to ride for close to a dozen hours Tuesday.

Sweet Traveling Dreams...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment